The pharmaceutical industry is changing at an unprecedented pace. New biological treatments for cancer, and a dramatic rise of widespread diseases such as diabetes, call for new processing and packaging solutions to fulfill the different needs all over the world. Keep your eye on these five main packaging trends for 2020 for the global pharmaceutical market.
1. Production flexibility and output are critical.
2. Self-medication is on the rise.
3. Product and patient safety is non-negotiable.
4. Serialization is just the first step towards “digital pharma.”
5. Digital services help optimize processes.
Fore more details read the full article on Packaging Digest by Andreas Mattern, Product Management Pharma Director at Syntegon Technology.